Unit 39 elk Idaho

Idahotone

Hey guys new to the site. I have been hunting for the last 5 years and have shot deer. Close calls with elk but haven't been able to capitalize. I drew a great tag for unit 39 elk archery this year. Just looking for pointers that can help me be successful this year.

Hey guys new to the site. I have been hunting for the last 5 years and have shot deer. Close calls with elk but haven't been able to capitalize. I drew a great tag for unit 39 elk archery this year. Just looking for pointers that can help me be successful this year.

There’s a fair amount of elk in 39 during archery. Just go somewhere that’s not low elevation winter range and you’ll find some elk in the rut. There will still be a fair number of people out there between recreationists, dirt bikers, hikers, muzzie deer and elk hunters, controlled deer hunters, etc. 39 is highly pressured.

Finding elk in November with 3000 of your closest friends after 5000 rifle deer hunters is infinitely harder. The elk leave the unit, go into timber and hell holes, etc. It’s insane out there on OTC hunts.

Excellent hunt with only 25 tags - big unit - bugling bulls! Practice and shoot well...

Thank you all I am looking forward for the season to start. I have been practicing a lot so hopefully it pays off.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back