PEAX Equipment

Unit 20 In Colorado

Wapiti23

Hey everybody, i was wondering if anyone has any information on elk hunting in GMU 20 in Colorado? It's a limited entry unit and am considering applying for this tag. Any info would be great.

I was thinking either the archery or first rifle season. I'm leaning more towards the rifle season one tho.

I live in 20 and can tell you it can be a very tough hunt unless you have access to private land. The elk in 20 get hunted from August through January so you can imagine they know where it is safe on private land. There are pockets of public land scattered through 20 and the larger chunks get hammered pretty hard. There also aren't a whole lot of elk on these public land parcels so I would expect long days and lots of miles to find the few elk that are there!

Some of the later hunts may be ok if there is snow to move the elk around but the elk still know where it is safe so it can be hit or miss. I can give you a name of a good outfitter if you want to pay pretty good cash to hunt private land?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back