Unbelievable, I Can't Believe This Happened!!!

Big Sky

Last night after work I had a little time to fish. I took both my fly rod and jigging rod with me. Lately jigging has been better than the fly fishing so my little light weight jigging rod has been getting a work out. However I decided to start off with my fly rod just in case the fish were biting. On my third cast I hooked a big female rainbow. When she was about 10 feet from the shore, out of nowhere comes this even bigger very aggressive male. He starts chasing her all over the place while I'm trying land her. I eventually get her in the net. I have a large net with a long handle so I put the net a little ways in the water and my foot on the net handle so she wouldn't take off with my net and my fly rod. I toss my fly rod down gently, and I reach down to grab my jigging rod. I could see the big male just as he was just about ready to disappear into the deep water. I tossed my Kit's Tackle marabou jig out ahead of him ,and gave it a couple of twitches. He slammed it! Fish on!!! There I am with one in the net and another on the line. I was trying to keep my balance with one foot on the net handle and trying not to step on my fly rod with my other foot. Plus fight the fish and trying not to lose the big female in the net. Eventually I worked the big male in close and then had the tricky challenge to get him in the net without the other trout getting away. I pulled it off and all that was left was to get the hooks out and get them both untangled from two different leader lines. In my excitement I didn't get any great pics of them in the net together, but I did get this slow motion release on video. Hope y'all enjoy it. It will be a while before I top this one!

I used to think of myself as a pretty good angler, but like Mtnhunter1 said, you are a freakin fish god. Incredible!

I'm no fishing god. In fact, it usually doesn't work out for me. So I'm both humbled and amazed that I was able to land both fish, using two different rods, and two completely different fishing techniques. What normally would happen is one or both would break off, or I'd step on one of my rods, or I'd lose my balance fall in the water. So it was nice to have things actually go in my favor.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back