Ukraine / Russia

Interesting turn.
United States and Saudi Arabia have shared intelligence with each other that indicates that Iran may be planning an imminent attack on energy infrastructure in the Middle East, particularly in Saudi Arabia, a US official tells CNN.

I really hope this is true and Iran jumps. I also hope the U.S tells the Saudi’s to F off, until oil production increases to where we want it.
Presumes Saudi can…

Sounds like Russian stray missile hit in Poland killing 2. Hopefully the news is fake- never thought I would root for fake news.
Just saw that as well from a few sources. Seemed it hit at a grain sorting facility. If it's true then it's about to get a whole lot closer to direct action involvement. Wow

Just saw that as well from a few sources. Seemed it hit at a grain sorting facility. If it's true then it's about to get a whole lot closer to direct action involvement. Wow
How does a stray missile hit an entirely different country. Think they were targeting something along the border? Or someone was drunk when they hit the go button....OR both

I don’t think it was intentional. There is no further reason to pretend that the Russian military is some high speed, low drag group of individuals. People launching the rockets probably watched a 15 minute YouTube video and then were sent out to the field to conduct operations.

Russia can either claim it was intentional which would be dumb for obvious reasons.
Or privately or publicly blame it on most of their military either being hammered drunk on vodka or totally inept at their jobs.
Poland should ask for more air defense systems on the border. And ask NATO to install a buffer a ways into Ukraine where if any Russian aircraft or rockets enter buffer airspace they would be allowed to shoot them down.
I don’t see this as anything to get to spun up over.

I don’t think it was intentional. There is no further reason to pretend that the Russian military is some high speed, low drag group of individuals. People launching the rockets probably watched a 15 minute YouTube video and then were sent out to the field to conduct operations.

Russia can either claim it was intentional which would be dumb for obvious reasons.
Or privately or publicly blame it on most of their military either being hammered drunk on vodka or totally inept at their jobs.
Poland should ask for more air defense systems on the border. And ask NATO to install a buffer a ways into Ukraine where if any Russian aircraft or rockets enter buffer airspace they would be allowed to shoot them down.
I don’t see this as anything to get to spun up over.

Agree, looks like just over the boarder from Lviv, Russians haven’t demonstrated even trying to be precise with their strikes.

Still though it’s a strike really from the “front” and/or any military target.

We have many thousands of troops deployed in Poland. What exactly would it take to get you spun up?
It was two rockets. It does not appear it was a coordinated attack. Given how incompetent most of the Russian military looks, you could chalk it up to shit happens.
Maybe I’m just not in a huge hurry to get into World War III with someone who sitting on a pile nukes.

It was two rockets. It does not appear it was a coordinated attack. Given how incompetent most of the Russian military looks, you could chalk it up to shit happens.
Maybe I’m just not in a huge hurry to get into World War III with someone who sitting on a pile nukes.
Yeah, but if the next 2 hit a barracks of soldiers game over. That's why I've constantly been against the warmongering going on here. Fortunately President Biden has been briefed, so there is almost nothing to worry about.

I very well remember all the smug posts about how the US would never be involved. Why do we have so many moved to Europe?

This is a risky game. And I don't mean to come down hard on you. I think you have been reasonable all along, but lots of drum-beaters who have no stake in the game.

Our kids have been fighting for 20 years, bring them home.

But now that President Biden has been briefed, I'm sure everything will go fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe??? Pretty sure none of us are in a hurry to get into WWIII.

Two scenarios- 1) It was an "accident". Poland demands an apology and gets it. The two people who died are quickly forgotten. 2) it was a test to see what the NATO reaction would be. Poland demands an apology and Russian say flip off. Option 2 is a problem, potentially invoking article 4. I would bet that the outcome is more option 1. But I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up one morning and read the Russia's entire Black Sea fleet is sitting at the bottom of the ocean. Putin is a strong man who believes the portrayal of strength is everything, especially when doesn't have any. I don't like the scenario, but this stuff is getting old.

Bahahahaha! I really hope Poland invades Ukraine because of this unprovoked attack.
  • Polish President Andrzej Duda said the missile that fell on the country, killing two people, is likely to have come from Ukrainian air defenses.
  • This is the first time a NATO country has been directly hit during the conflict.
  • Poland's foreign ministry said earlier that a "Russian-made missile" hit a village near the Ukraine border Tuesday.
“We are ready to hand over evidence of the Russian trace that we have. We are expecting information from our partners, based on which a conclusion was made that it’s a Ukrainian air defense missile.”

Going to leave this in this thread because Burisma and the pee tape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back