Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ufc® 68: The Uprising

Moosie

Grand poopa
tim_randy.jpg

6" shorter in height, 12" shorter reach, 40# lighter and 13 years OLDER ..... 43 V's 30 in age !!!! I would have bet big he was gonig to loose. Although an Awesome fighter in his time, 43 is old in fighting... So I thought !!

Tim Silvia looked like a Dumb A$$ against Couture. WOW, One of... if not the best fights I've seen.

My favorite quote was after the match when Silvia said "He kept me guessing and thinking with his moves"... then you watch the replys and Randy laid in with the right hand "OVER" Tim time and time again. Same move, very effective. Unfreakin' believable. At 43 !!!! WOW !!! HAd him on the ground, Hit his kidneys, then his face, kindeys then his face. The only thing that Time was confused about was why he was under the Old dawg the whole match ;) Won ALL 5 rounds. Even after the 3rd round he didn't give up. He could have just stayed away and not got knocked out and won still He knew he had it. But he was looking for the 5 round win or knockout or something. A true Gladiator. WOW !!

You guys see where Tim got Boo'ed because he said Randy beat him because he was injured, then tried to change his comment ?

At any rate, good fight.

A lot of the Olympic wrestlers are older. Couture is cut from that breed. It's old mans' strength, you can't beat it. I've been watching these from UFC1 when the fat dude got his teeth kicked out. I have always rooted for the American wrestlers. The cross-training has made a huge difference for most of them. I still miss Don Frye. I always liked the way he would strike to the forhead and make the blood flow into his opponents eyes so they couldn't fight.

frye_profile.jpg

Speaking of blood, did you see Silvia's eye ?!?! that was a gold ball size blood clot that they were trying to push back into his head. Take out the knife and cut it I say.

Ya, there are alot of old school fighters that are good still.... but youth still has it's advantages, nowmater how good and tought ya Uses-ta-be. ;)

Randy had all the cards against him with age, weight, height, arm reach...... although he was 10 times the fighter on the mat. Tim looks wrong with his long arms. did they say his span was like 86 inches or something ? I'm not even that tall !!!!! :D

That was a good fight and the first big right that sent tim to the ground in the first round had everyone at the house on there feet. I think mentally that punch took sylvia out of the fight alot making him think more about defense then fighting. Yeah the comment he made about being injured going into the fight was stupid, what an idiot, just take your lose and move on. I think randy needs to retire for sure though just give the belt back, theres to many new fighters coming up like cro cop that would just devistate randy. I was'nt impressed with matt hughs win last nite neither, typical wrestling crap, hes going to have to look sharper then that to have a prayer against GSP again. The lambert/babalou fight suprised me a bit, but that was a sweet knockout, he got rocked bigtime.

Anyone notice some of the sponsers these guys were labeling around, matt hughes had leupold and hornady as sponsers, sylvia had bowtech as a sponser and in the post fight interviews I did'nt see it but my buddy said randy was wearing a hoyt hat. Pretty cool I think.

Anyone notice some of the sponsers these guys were labeling around, matt hughes had leupold and hornady as sponsers, sylvia had bowtech as a sponser and in the post fight interviews I did'nt see it but my buddy said randy was wearing a hoyt hat. Pretty cool I think.

I noticed that too.....good to see them seeing some sponsorship exposure.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back