two person ladder stand

Dougfirtree

Hunting with my middle son, this year, has made me wonder if I shouldn't buy a two person ladder stand. The little research I've done reveals a wide range of price points. If you have one that you like, let me know what it is.

I have the one man version of this:

I like it a lot for really high comfort hunts. Also the locking jaws while setting up the stand were a bigger seller for me. But pretty expensive... To me the added safety is what sold me on the single stand. Only problem is it is so big and heavy you need any easy spot to get to. If you have to carry it in its almost impossible.

Yes. I did it with just my then 10 year old step son and I. I would not recommend that. Just about killed myself trying to lean it against the tree.
Yup, I attempted a solo install in the yard before I took it out to the farm. I got into trouble when I realized i could no longer lift it over my head and could not get out from underneath it either. Luckily my 5 year old was out in the yard with me an I sent him in to get mom so I wouldn't die. She was able to get enough pressure on the ladder so I could get out from underneath it. Definitely will not do that again.

My experience with doubles is that you generally get what you pay for. The ones that are most useful with more room and more height generally cost more. As others have said, those stands are harder to put up as they are heavy due to the additional material that is required to make them. I would try and get to a place to look at a couple that are set up to get a feel for their size and what would work best for you and your son.

The one I’m currently using barely fits me and my nine year old, but it was “free.” It got the job done this year. I’m 5’10” 190 lbs and he’s an average sized 9 year old. I’d highly recommend a double after my experience this year with my son. It wouldn’t have been possible without that stand. First sit was priceless.

68B6678C-F158-40C7-8349-1732A145BDF8.jpegD0EB895C-E0D4-48C2-933A-2ECCB5C30B0A.jpeg

Yup, I attempted a solo install in the yard before I took it out to the farm. I got into trouble when I realized i could no longer lift it over my head and could not get out from underneath it either. Luckily my 5 year old was out in the yard with me an I sent him in to get mom so I wouldn't die. She was able to get enough pressure on the ladder so I could get out from underneath it. Definitely will not do that again.
Yup got myself in the same pickle except we were out in the woods. First time it came down and one of the ladder rungs beemed me on top of the head. That was a good time, I don't remember how but I managed to rig up a way and we got it up there never again. There wasn't a cuss word my step son didnt learn that day. Some of which I was inventing as I went along.

Yup got myself in the same pickle except we were out in the woods. First time it came down and one of the ladder rungs beemed me on top of the head. That was a good time, I don't remember how but I managed to rig up a way and we got it up there never again. There wasn't a cuss word my step son didnt learn that day. Some of which I was inventing as I went along.
Did the same thing. Putting up one by Big Game, I believe. Daughter was with me, somewhere around 12 maybe? Too little to help much. SHOULD have put seat section up against the tree, then picked it up while she stuck ladder sections in one at a time to raise it.

another option I've thought about is if you have a ladder stand and a lock on you could save some money by hanging the lock on right along side the ladder stand. buying the actual two man would probably work much better imo.

Did the same thing. Putting up one by Big Game, I believe. Daughter was with me, somewhere around 12 maybe? Too little to help much. SHOULD have put seat section up against the tree, then picked it up while she stuck ladder sections in one at a time to raise it.
I do it this way too by myself. Talk about a workout!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back