T'was a good Fathers day !!!

It was a great Fathers day. Sunday wife , son Jake and I went to National Pres Church in DC a Painting of the founder Dr. Elson who was the chaplain to the senate from 47-73 was to be dedicated. I restored the painting of him and his daughter invited us to the dedication.

While there I meet Alexanders Gram Bells, grand daughter who's husband founded National Geographic, My wife enjoyed meeting her and talking a while.

It was a nice day. Then I had to cut the grass and clean the gutters after witch watch the US Open. That back 9 on Saturday of Tigers was awesome.

I got the exact same card. Must be a hot item on Farter's, I mean Father's Day. My girls got a big kick out of giving it to me, and I got a big kick out of getting it.

Cool blog spot. You are going to really love that cast down in Africa.. hate to see you busted something, but I will not make any jokes over a busted hand. Been there done that!
fathers day was not on the radar until I got a call in the morning to remind me. It is really starting to get warm over here and with two more weeks to go, just counting down to the day I get home. Took a half day off, caught a noon nap and went to the BBQ last night.
finally sold the beach house and looks like I traded it to pay for this years tuition at LSU.
Man, what ever happened to kids working their way through universtiy like we did... And then having to spen 10 years paying back the student loans..

Thumper, I removed the Cast already. I didn't want to have it over in Aftica. I was doing good untill I forgot and Shook someones hand ... No Bueno !!!

Ohh well, Live and learn :)

My day was busy, I cleaned the pool, washed the truck, car and then had to rinse down the driveway. My nephew and his family came over at about noon so his son could shoot the BB gun and swim while I smoked a couple tri-tips and my parents, sister and brother in law came over for dinner. The kids swam and the adults had fun listening to what they were saying.

Well Scotty, sounds like you had a great time. I am pretty lucky on the pool cleaning. Last year a really screwed up the chemical balance and then tried to do a back wash and somehow did a reverse pumping the yuck from the sand trap back into the pool. My bad! Then it was another couple of hundred in chemical to get it right again..
So, the wife will not longer allow me to touch anything involving the pool, the only exception is cleaning out the Polaris bag when it gets full of grass from someone popping wheelies on this new Grasshopper ZTR. Heck, grass cutting with that thing is almost like riding a go cart.

On Saturday I fished a tournament, we came in 13 or 14th out of 664 boats, not too shabby but still outa the money. I didn't stay for the final hour of weigh in. Then Fathers day I was here at the shop for 15 hours, went home ate with the kids, and grandkids, and immediatley fell asleep in my chair.

Looking forward to getting back for this year CCA and other local fishing tournements. Mostly redfish (Red Drum, Spot tailled bass) and Speckled sea trout.
man we have been killing them this year . At least until they opened up the spillway to divert the high Mississippi river water into the lake. So have started to drive down and fish further south.
Trout limit is set at 25 per man per day all over 12 inches and and 5 reds per day with only 1 going over 28 inches.
Here is a picture my taxidermist buddy took when I stopped his house by to give him a limit for his freezer. Not the largest trout, but some great eating size.
View attachment 6307

Attachments

• may-brenton.jpg
    may-brenton.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 36
Back