Turkey Skeleton

Reed

Hi all! Does anybody have suggestions on how to get a Turkey Skeleton? I’m thinking this may be out of a Taxidermist range and not sure I could do it with a bird I shot myself. I have seen them before and am wondering if any one can give me a good lead?

I would harvest a turkey, and find a taxidermist who does skulls with beetles. Ask the taxidermist, but deboning the bird and placing it in a beetle tank for them to clean would probably be best. I have a turkey skull I cleaned when I had beetles. It is very fragile, thin, light bone.

Marty at Classic Antler Mounts in Aurora, CO does articulated turkey head and neck displays. I have no idea what he'd would charge for a whole bird or if that's what you're after. He has done some custom work for me on an alligator skull that was previously boiled into about 50 pieces, and a couple elk antler mounts with removeable antlers. Everything he does is immaculate; if it's not perfect then it doesn't go out the door.

I tried it myself with a Roadrunner skull, unfortunately
our dogs had chased it into a chain-link fence and I found
during skinning, the skull had been crushed.
You might try the European method with a slow simmer for a long period of time.
I have done many skulls and I found if you boil the bones
they tend to crack, but a slow rolling simmer works great.
Remember patients... 💥 ROADRUNNER CROSSING 20'.jpg

Marty at Classic Antler Mounts in Aurora, CO does articulated turkey head and neck displays. I have no idea what he'd would charge for a whole bird or if that's what you're after. He has done some custom work for me on an alligator skull that was previously boiled into about 50 pieces, and a couple elk antler mounts with removeable antlers. Everything he does is immaculate; if it's not perfect then it doesn't go out the door.

Those are nice!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back