Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

TS 32X1 Reticle?

jnagel32

I just ordered a Leupold Mark 4 with the TS 32X1 reticle. I was just wondering if anyone here has some experience with it and what you think?

These types of reticles have been around for a while, and I believe they were first developed by a company called Horus Vision in the early/mid 2000s. They were developed for tactical shooting, with the idea that they offered a more precise version of a stadia reticle for use when dialing dope was too slow. They certainly serve a purpose, but to take advantage of them you need to spend a bunch of time training your brain and eye to translate your drop/wind drift into the grid.

The one place I can see a hunter taking advantage of this would be prairie dog hunting where you need to take a lot of shots at varying distances, and you don't have time to dial a scope.

So, I guess the question is what do you intend to use it for?

Wouldn't it have been better to ask the question BEFORE you bought it? Sorry, I couldn't resist.:confused:

Haha I knew that was coming! Thanks for being "That Guy"

But in all seriousness, I had a semi custom rifle built. I live in PA so I wanted something that I could use in a tree stand, but also use it out west for antelope, deer, or elk. So I went with a 300 WSM with a 22" barrel and a muzzle brake for an overall length of 24". I wanted to put a good scope on it and found a deal on the Mark 4 with that reticle so I ordered it. I liked the idea of having the M1 turrets as well as an MOA based reticle, so I could use either. I read reviews on other forums and most guys seemed to like it. I was initially worried it was too busy or cluttered, but their reviews said the dots are more subdued than the crosshairs. So I jumped on it. Was just curious of others' experiences with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back