Tripods

Sliverflipper

I have a Vortex summit ss and it works if I'm sitting down. The problem comes with trying to stand and glass. I'm 6'3" and tired of squatting down to look. Any suggestions?

A low priced carbon fiber model I'd recommend would be an Innorel RT-80C. I'm 6'4" and with the legs fully extended it measures 64" to the top of the leveling base. If I put on an Innorel ball head it's at 68". I haven't put it through much abuse so I don't know how it'll hold up long term. But I have put a mount on it that I can attach my rifle to it and it handles it with no problem. I've heard great things about the Slik models but it was out of my budget.

I'm running a Sirui 1204 with a VA-5 head and it seems extremely solid so far. Max height is listed at 62".

I bought a Slik 634 with a Benro S2 head for this season, and really like it so far. I'm a few inches shorter than you but the tripod has more elevation available than I need.

I bought a Slik 634 with a Benro S2 head for this season, and really like it so far. I'm a few inches shorter than you but the tripod has more elevation available than I need.
+1 for this exact set-up. I’m on my second year with it and I really like it. Got mine from SNS Archery in Boise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back