Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Trijicon Huron Experience?

They sure look like a nice scope, I really like every Trijicon product I’ve used, especially the Credo. They had some damn good deals on Zeiss V4s for Black Friday too, I scooped one up.

I bought one and let it go, nice glass and should be awesome for a 223. I was using a lot of Leupold at the time and the Huron seemed to have a way tighter eye box than I was used to. Not a big deal if you aren’t fighting recoil though, almost worth another shot at that price!

I bought one and let it go, nice glass and should be awesome for a 223. I was using a lot of Leupold at the time and the Huron seemed to have a way tighter eye box than I was used to. Not a big deal if you aren’t fighting recoil though, almost worth another shot at that price!
What do you mean by “tight?” Were you worried about getting scoped? It’s going on a .223, but it’s a compact .223 meant to start my 5 year old on.

Will be suppressed as well, so that should knock some recoil down for him as well.

What do you mean by “tight?” Were you worried about getting scoped? It’s going on a .223, but it’s a compact .223 meant to start my 5 year old on.

Will be suppressed as well, so that should knock some recoil down for him as well.
Yea, I felt like I had to get a little closer than I wanted to be. Some of that may have been on me, it was on a rifle that was pretty stout. I don’t think it’ll be an issue on something like that 223, especially with a can. If I had started buying my model sevens by then I would probably still have it

The only time I was bit by my scope, was when I had Butler Creek lens covers on my scope. The scope cover itself caught me (the little red finger release on the eyepiece cover). I don't hunt with the eyepiece cover on my scope anymore, and don't get bit when I shoot.

i got one and put it on a 6.5prc, been shooting a lot last 2 weeks, little lacking on 9x for eye relief, but solid adjustments ,clear glass, dropped it out of the sxs few times, damn dogs,,,,, , still holding zero, have the hunter reticle and i sighted in at 300, and the hash marks for 5.0 moa were dead on,,,

seems like heavy well built scope, clear glass, and good adjustments

i got one and put it on a 6.5prc, been shooting a lot last 2 weeks, little lacking on 9x for eye relief, but solid adjustments ,clear glass, dropped it out of the sxs few times, damn dogs,,,,, , still holding zero, have the hunter reticle and i sighted in at 300, and the hash marks for 5.0 moa were dead on,,,

seems like heavy well built scope, clear glass, and good adjustments

The eye relief is what I’ve held off on so far. I like the credo hx line but they are quite a bit more

was shooting it prone few min ago, as well as standing, winter coats on, not really notice an eye relief issue, but i can tell its less then others, not hard to get behind to find a clear eyebox, low talleys on my tikka

awful clear glass and adj to sharp reticle for me easily

about 215 rounds thru it trying a few loads

and 3 coyotes,
for 299.00 seems pretty good set and forget scope

I’d echo what @300stw stated. Eye box feels a little short when dialed all the way up, but mine is on a .223 so no issues even shooting prone.

Decent glass, pretty clear edge to edge. Initially I’d put it over my Vx3 in the glass department, and feels rock solid like the old Leupolds.

I haven’t shot it a lot, and haven’t done any box tests yet, but initial impression is great value for money.

I’d echo what @300stw stated. Eye box feels a little short when dialed all the way up, but mine is on a .223 so no issues even shooting prone.

Decent glass, pretty clear edge to edge. Initially I’d put it over my Vx3 in the glass department, and feels rock solid like the old Leupolds.

I haven’t shot it a lot, and haven’t done any box tests yet, but initial impression is great value for money.
I really like the looks of these for a durable, simple scope.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back