Trapping mentor

ChavytheGoat

I live in Wyoming and recently started trapping, just looking for someone I can message back and forth with and gets tips and tricks. Trapping is dying and I want to be able to share it with friends and family, first however, I gotta get better myself! My grandpa used to trap coyotes and bobcats when it was legal in California, he has shared all he knows with me but he never got to into it himself, he started when fur prices were up and slow started to quit as the fur market slowed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am not an expert coyote trapper by any means, I have more experience with cats but still fall short of expert level there. I will be more than happy to share what I know and point you to other resources that have a wealth of knowledge.

I’m not from Wyoming either, but you’re within 2 hrs of one of the best guys in the business. John Graham is up in Lusk. He’s a great man and one of the best trappers I know. Every summer, he has a “coyote days” gathering at his place. It’s full of great people and great demos. You should plan on attending this year. You could literally learn more in a weekend than most learn in years.

I’m not from Wyoming either, but you’re within 2 hrs of one of the best guys in the business. John Graham is up in Lusk. He’s a great man and one of the best trappers I know. Every summer, he has a “coyote days” gathering at his place. It’s full of great people and great demos. You should plan on attending this year. You could literally learn more in a weekend than most learn in years.
^^^ What he said.

Hopefully, you find a mentor. I started trapping this year and was lucky to have a guy I could call with questions but also used youtube a fair amount.

I just looked it up and definitely plan on attending whenever and wherever he holds the next one.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back