PEAX Equipment

Trail Cam Advice

I'm a fan of the coverts as well. Very solid cameras and you can find them on good sales from time to time.

Go into it with the mindset that they are disposable.

It's sad that many folks feel this way. I want my cameras to last. They shouldn't be disposable. But those who aren't willing to pay for a quality product should not complain about them not lasting either.

It's sad that many folks feel this way. I want my cameras to last. They shouldn't be disposable. But those who aren't willing to pay for a quality product should not complain about them not lasting either.

Between theft and bears, its hard not to. Could you buy a cable and a box to protect it? Sure. But now you are in them another $50. You could of bought another cheap camera or two.

Between theft and bears, its hard not to. Could you buy a cable and a box to protect it? Sure. But now you are in them another $50. You could of bought another cheap camera or two.

This is how I feel. Also, I can do a lot of hunting for the price of a couple high end cameras.

Some people are trail cam enthusiasts, so then it probably makes sense to buy a high quality camera. Others just want to know how many 4+ year old bucks are running around their area.

ive bought all my cameras when they go on sale. i think my most expensive was $65. wait til after the new models come out and u can pick up last years model for super cheap. i have browning, moultrie, bushnell, wildgame innovations, stealth cam. i have 17 total now. all my cams are on public land so they all have a security box, and all our cable locked. ive had 2 stolen so far, which is why i buy cheaper ones. for me picture quality is not as important as other things. as long as its not a blurry blob its fine, but brownings are prolly the best bang for the buck. i also use rechargeable batteries. its a bit more investment up front but its way cheaper in the long run. lithiums do last longer but ive had my rechargeables last for over 6 months. i leave my cameras out all year too, and just move them around. during the season i swap cards and batteries regularly and in the offseason i swap cards and batteries about every 6 weeks.

Back