Caribou Gear Tarp

Traditional Screw-in Broadheads

Coop

Just curious what people like when it comes to broadheads for carbon trad arrows. I am thinking about the VPA 3 blade non vented, the Grizzly Single Bevel, or potentially the Cliffzwickey. The catch is that the broadhead has to be available in the 175-200gr. range. Open to thoughts and suggestions!

I have grizzly single bevel 175’s on FMJ’s. The factory edge that came on them was terrible. But the sharpened fine and fly well. Also they are 2 3/4” long so I really have to stuff them in to my selway quiver so they’re not sticking out.

Last edited:
I shoot abowyers and have some northerns on the way. I thought real hard about some VPAs and cutthroats though

For trade I wouldn't worry about vented or non vented as the arrow is moving slow enough it won't matter. As for heads I would go with iron wills, Valkyrie, cutthroat, vpa 2 or 3 blade, grizzlystik, Magnus, steelforce trad, badger, German jaeger, or OZ cut. All different prices and design. I personally think iron wills and Valkyrie are probably the best made as far as design and materials. Then I would go VPA and cutthroat right behind them. But all are great and will work. I would also learn to sharpen because a super sharp head out of a trad bow can be quite deadly.

Great. Thanks for the replies, fellas. I will be doing some more research on the ones mentioned. If anyone else has a preference, feel free to shoot it this way!

I’m going with VPA 2 blade for deer this year with my recurve. I like the solid one piece design, and they fly great out to at least 30 yards with my setup.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back