Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Too Much Snow !!!!!!

George P

28 inches in the last 24 hrs and it is still coming down hard.Coyotes wont have a chance when the dogs get on them.The hard part will be finding a track.If they hang right off the road kill deer we have out it should be killing time.They will have to hit a snowmachine trail or be caught in short order.Even following in the yote paths it will be hard on the dogs too.Hopefully will find out Thursday and sat !!!!!

OK George get them snow shoes out !!!!!!!!!!
Your going to need them now LOL.
I did get your E mail I am letting it sink in,Will get back to you soon.
Boomer we have no closed season on Coyotes in Maine

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Yes Boomer,we can hunt year round for coyotes in both N.H. and Maine.That is part of what makes it attractive for a lot of guys around here.With bear dogs we basically have 6 weeks to train(4 in Maine) and about 6 weeks of hunting.Maine has a 10 week bobcat season,N.H. none.The dogs are laid up for most of the year.
I have really gooten hooked on the coyote hunting but there is one thing I dont like about it.They never tree.LOL With bear or cat hunting you at least have a chance of the race ending at a tree.With coyotes its till you shoot them,catch them,or the dogs lose them.And that can be a long time sometimes.
You wouldnt believe how many hunters have called me to book coyote with hound hunts and have asked me if we wait till they tree to shoot them !!!!LOL Now this is guys with hunting licenses asking.My wife and I laugh like hell.

George asked me to post this picture of his daughter Kim to illustrate the depth of the snow. And, of course, I'm more than happy to do it!
smile.gif

View

Ha Ha Chris, My daughter ,huh.That is my wife Kim to all that dont know.That is a 6 ft fence in my back yard.We were almost down to bare ground 2 days ago !!!!!Havent had a year like this in ages.Thanks for posting the pic for me Miller27.I suppose I could learn how to do it myself but then i wouldnt have any reason to email you.

Gee George, sorry about the slip-up. It must have been a sub-conscious mistake. I'd show you how to post the pictures, but I'm not taking on any new projects until hunting season's over. LOL
biggrin.gif

Welcome Cougar Guy !! We definatly use snowmachines.The preferred machine here is the ski-doo Tundra .Most have the Tundra2 longtrack.I have a Yamaha bravo that I really like.It is small and easy to manuever.What do you use ???

We're supposed to get another 5-10 inches today! Enough is enough. There is so much fluffy stuff in the woods now that a sled is useless and you'll sink in 2 feet on snowshoes. I'm having withdrawals; it's been almost a week since I've seen a dead coyote. Yikes!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Sorrey it took so long to reply just been a little swamped. I use a Yamaha Enticer long track with a 340. My father uses a Polairis Indy with a 490, wich is nice but it is hard to lift when you get it buried. I was looking for something with a little more power(to pull the sled) but don't have the cash.

CougarGuy

Back