Tommy Ahlquist Idaho Governor Race and Public Lands

JoseCuervo

In the 3rd part of an ongoing series of discussions and looks into the Idaho Governor race in 2018 from a Hunter's point of view, we will now address the latest entrant into the field, Boise real estate developer Tommy Ahlquist.

And, folks, let's cut to the chase. It ain't good.

From his website:
Idahoans—not the federal government—know best how to manage our public lands and find solutions that maintain access. By sharing the recreation and enjoyment of our public lands with our children, they will learn to appreciate and protect the beauty of Idaho. Our public lands belong to all Idahoans, and Tommy will fight to ensure our access and that they remain public.

And he ain't changing.

I had a discussion with one of his campaign advisors, a local big-wig who is active in politics, and the Tommy campaign is committed to a policy of ignorance where they try and bullshit people with "protecting access" as the only thing hunters care about.

I was puzzled where a "pro-business" and "pro-development" kind of guy would try and stake a position in the extreme anti-hunting wing of the GOP with the likes of Labrador/Fulcher/and Heather Scott. He had a chance to differentiate from the nutcase wing of the party, and, instead, he seems to have embraced it.

I know one HuntTalk member challenged the Tommy campaign on public lands, and was not impressed with the campaign's response.

Not sure who Idaho Hunters need to support right now, but Tommy does not appear to give a shit about your hunting heritage.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back