Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Today's Photo Safari

fishing4sanity

Decided to take a break and go out with the camera this afternoon. First I went looking for ducks. Anyone know what this Mallard cross is or just a weird Mallard?
DSC_9784-1.jpgDSC_9785-1.jpg
The light and the ducks weren't cooperating very well so I went in search of deer and/or elk.
DSC_9847-1.jpgDSC_9930-1.jpgDSC_9936-1.jpgDSC_9939-1.jpg
I also got into a few groups of chukar while trying to find a better buck.
DSC_9893-1.jpgDSC_9906-1.jpgDSC_9870-1.jpg
Then I decided it was time to head for home, but found a few more things that caught my interest.
DSC_9941-1.jpgDSC_9945-1.jpgDSC_9955-1.jpgIMG-7002-1.jpgIMG-7010-1.jpgIMG-7013-1.jpgIMG-7019-1.jpg

WOW !!! Great pics !! Love those old barns - so many questions - what was it like there when those places were booming ? What happen to make them decline ? What was it like during the last few years of their occupancy ?

I'm wondering if the duck is a Mallard Wigeon cross.

I may be older than MTMiller, but I'm still hoping to have even a fraction of his talent behind the camera when I grow up, but thanks that's a serious compliment.
I would agree on the wigeon cross. Chukars are great photos, and holy cow those are big calves already! Our family friends said they've been burned too bad too many times with early calving and shoot for late Feb now.

Love them! What are you using for a camera? I did a lot of landscapes in my film days and lost them in a house fire. Got a bunch more with digital and lost them when a computer crashed. Probably lose what I have now to. haven't been out to places like that a lot in recent years but just might go out again seeing these!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back