To scope or not?

To put my scope back on or leave the scope off of my muzzleloader for the late muzzleloader season?

• Put the scope back on the muzzleloader.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Leave the scope off of the muzzleloader.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Quit being a tightwad and just buy another muzzleloader to leave scoped.

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
So where's the pond and can I ice fish there?
It’s a public pond, only about 2 acres. It was iced over last week, but I don’t think I’d trust it after today for a few days. Our grant will lower it, dredge parts of it out, use the dredge material to build silt ponds in the watershed, build a trail with angler benches around the pond and then raise the original level of the pond by about 2 feet. When we fish surveyed the pond there were many bass 5-6 pounds, bluegill and crappie. We did not catch any catfish even though there are supposed to be some in the pond.

Attachments

• 84E63E16-5BD4-47DA-9DC2-0094890CBC1B.jpeg
    84E63E16-5BD4-47DA-9DC2-0094890CBC1B.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 0
It’s a public pond, only about 2 acres. It was iced over last week, but I don’t think I’d trust it after today for a few days. Our grant will lower it, dredge parts of it out, use the dredge material to build silt ponds in the watershed, build a trail with angler benches around the pond and then raise the original level of the pond by about 2 feet. When we fish surveyed the pond there were many bass 5-6 pounds, bluegill and crappie. We did not catch any catfish even though there are supposed to be some in the pond.

Is that the pond in yellow river forest? Always wanted to fish there

Do you wear glass's? If so and your like me, you can't focus on open sights very well anymore. That leaves getting a scope. On a muzzle loader and 100yd limit, without a doubt a low power fixed scope. Now I haven't tried shooting open sight's with my computer glass's but looked through them with my 38 spec the other day. /sights clear as a bell, down range not so good. Thought about it and if my reg glass's didn't have that close up deal in them anmd had been set to my computer glass's, I do believe it would work fairly well. Of course you might not win any shooting match's that way!

Do you wear glass's? If so and your like me, you can't focus on open sights very well anymore. That leaves getting a scope. On a muzzle loader and 100yd limit, without a doubt a low power fixed scope. Now I haven't tried shooting open sight's with my computer glass's but looked through them with my 38 spec the other day. /sights clear as a bell, down range not so good. Thought about it and if my reg glass's didn't have that close up deal in them anmd had been set to my computer glass's, I do believe it would work fairly well. Of course you might not win any shooting match's that way!
I do not wear glasses. I have 3-9x scope on my muzzleloader. The 100 yard range is more about that that distance is all the further I need to shoot where I hunt.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back