Time to play Gunsmith

TXinTN

IMG_5775.jpg

Picked up my new Howa Alpine Mountain .308 last night at my FFL. Really loving the fit and finish of this thing. Not a big fan of the extended magazine, so that will be replaced with the floor-plate. Mounting a VX-6 3-18x44. More scope than the rifle needs, but it was too good a deal to pass up! Wish me luck...I'm more of a button pusher than a wrench turner.

I've seen this rifle a few times and it fit's a lot bills for me. Like the stock, the ceracote, Creedmor seems kinda' cool. However, I already have more guns than I know what to do with and I'm a lefty. I can't stand the magazine. You say you will be replacing it with the floorplate. Does it come with that feature in the box from the factory? Who knows, my wife may "need" another toy someday..... Thanks for letting me window shop your rifle.

You say you will be replacing it with the floorplate. Does it come with that feature in the box from the factory? Who knows, my wife may "need" another toy someday..... Thanks for letting me window shop your rifle.

Yes. It was included. No raised cheek piece either, so it would be plenty comfortable to shoot lefty as right, even if not ideal. Bet your wife would like it.

Must be an operator or an engineer...

Good luck. Looks like you've got the right tools. Always fun learning how to do that kind of stuff

Ha. Pilot. Well, I fly an Airbus 320, so mostly I just sit there and make sure it behaves.

Yes. It was included. No raised cheek piece either, so it would be plenty comfortable to shoot lefty as right, even if not ideal. Bet your wife would like it.

Sure she'd like it too. The 6.5 would sit in the giant gap between her .257 and 7-08:rolleyes:. Thanks for the info.

I be likin' the extended box....tacti-cool. Nice rifle. scope, and work table. Better not spill any Hoppe's or lapping compound on those ceramic coils. ; )

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back