PEAX Equipment

time to get back into hunting

kiwi hunter

ive been building a cat motel and just the effort of lifting my legs to get up on the roof has left me with serious muscle reaction,thats the payback from covid 19,,
its saturday today and im booked on an arapawa sheep hunt on Tuesday morn,,and straight after sometime next week its time for some serious tahr hunting,,like three months down south,,still looking for a king of the mountain and also what numbers are around after the goverment cull,,i promise myself not to pull the trigger on anything below 14 inches,,

Last edited:
Will, best of luck sir. I hope you can muscle through without any trouble. One day I will make it down there to hunt and I look forward to that experience more than any other. Im a big Kiwi fan and even bigger Bill Nikl fan. I hope you post pictures!

ive been building a cat motel and just the effort of lifting my legs to get up on the roof has left me with serious muscle reaction,thats the payback from covid 19,,
its saturday today and im booked on an arapawa sheep hunt on Tuesday morn,,and straight after sometime next week its time for some serious tahr hunting,,like three months down south,,still looking for a king of the mountain and also what numbers are around after the goverment cull,,i promise myself not to pull the trigger on anything below 14 inches,,will
Kiwi Hunter,,,yep, seems to be the after math of the damned-19! It didn't put me under but it sure as hell took out my lung capacity and leg power. Hope that you can work through it and down that 14"r......Good Luck!

Where is your arapawa sheep hunt? I missed one with my bow a couple of months ago, was on a farm out the back of wanganui.

thats the place Cam,fairmead,,.im taking the 300wsm as that and the 223 are going with me to the south island

That face looks familiar Les. Did you stay at the wee hut on top of the hill with the nice wap racks?
Did you really get the China flu? Maybe I can keep up with you now!
Best of luck on that 14, just save one for me if they ever let me come back over

That face looks familiar Les. Did you stay at the wee hut on top of the hill with the nice wap racks?
Did you really get the China flu? Maybe I can keep up with you now!
Best of luck on that 14, just save one for me if they ever let me come back over
that face looks better than mine,,Dan,i was in a store in taupo and they had a western tur mount there,,really impressive
Cam,no just a euro,saving my money for a tur

well im in the south island now and the first bull i spotted looked very good but at 1.2k away,,after much humming and hawing decided he was only in the 13 inch class.did see bunch of around 50 on private lade as i made my way up the valley,,good to see them as theyve been there every spring for the last 5 yrs,,so at present the numbers are there,,at least in the area that im in.growth is a bit slow,,the matagouri is only just starting to bud,,going back in the afternoon after watching my fav tennis player oust the number one woman in the french open

Back