Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Time flies, one year ago today

Stay Sharp

One year ago today. (Jan 2, 2019). 10 point, 11" long G2's. 205 Lbs. dressed weight. 163 6/8" gross and 160 1/8" net. Heart shot with a 50 yard run after the hit (woodsman broadhead). On my land in S.E. Wisconsin. Boy, time sure flies. I had not seen this buck for nearly 3 years on my trail cams. He fell victim to the 2nd rut as he was going after a doe fawn likely coming into heat for the first time.

ljXtxxn.jpg

YMp2NUl.jpg

R07WYKi.jpg

VpDxkJP.jpg

EtrLuuZ.jpg

OBiiAS5.jpg

5PgkmTu.jpg

I bet it feels like yesterday. That is an absolute monster of a buck!

it is amazing what a little feed and a fence will do for antler growth. nice buck

That buck was taken on my private land. No fences and no feed within miles (except the apple trees I have but they were nowhere near where I shot him) . I dont think there is even a high fence operation in the whole county but Im impressed that you think such a buck could only be grown behind a fence. High praise indeed so thanks for that.

Last edited:
Holy hell, just realized Rancid made it over to hunttalk!

Glad to see you've moved up from poaching spike bucks. You bait this one in too Ron?

No, the apple trees on my land in Jan. have no apples. The rest of the property is maple and oak and pine. No bait plots either.

Good to see posting up a pic from a buck killed a year a go along with score sheets and a bunch of other pics was for yourself.
Thanks. It was an anniversary thing. I popped up on my social media as having happened a year ago and I was taken back just how fast time flies. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back