Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Timberline Pant Queations

gdgwp

Looking at these as a mid to late season pant for both rifle and archery hunting. Questions:

- are these quiet enough to archery hunt in? Both spot and stalk and sitting in a stand.

- how warm are they? Reviews seem to say they're super versatile but I'm wonder about doing long sits in colder weather.

Any other thoughts or tips on these pants is appreciated!!

I got a pair this year at a screaming good price and fell in love with them. I found them plenty quiet for archery hunting. For long sits in cold weather you'll need a base layer for sure. The knee pads took a day to get used to but now I couldn't imagine not having them. They've become, hands down, my favorite pants.

Unfortunately, I also found out they don't hold up well to barbed wire. Doh!!

They're excellent pants. I tossed the knee pads and never looked back. Yes they're quiet and very comfortable. I have an older pair and my only beefs with them are that I can't wear a normal belt and the slash pockets are just a little on the small side for me to get my hands in them.

Yes they're quiet
Yes they're warm - adjust your base layer according to temp and activity

are they too hot for 80deg temp bow hunting

Too hot, but has nothing to do with butt and knees IMO. Overall Material is thicker than Ascent and possibly even 90%. I wore them Spring Bear and Nov Elk. Any warmer and I would have to switch to my lighter weight pants. Taking knee pads out helps.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back