Yeti GOBOX Collection

Timberline or Mountain (Sitka) versus Attack (Kuiu)??

WNC2500

After reviewing @Hilljackoutlaw post about the Kuiu sale, it made me want to check on the difference between the two for those that have both.
I have mountain pant and timberline in Sitka, but have never bought any of the Kuiu pants. What would you compare the attack to?
I am impressed with the timberline in all types of weather, and like the mountain as well but am considering checking out the attack in maybe a hunting solid.
Give me your opinions on one versus the other if you don't mind.

I have a lot of kuiu and sitka love them both. Timber line is a little heavier of a pant I would say. I wear my attacks for a lot of early season hunts. I love how you can open up the side vents to let heat out. I have several pair of attacks and wear them all the time. They are my go to pant to wear. I haven’t wore a pair of blue jeans in years.

I have both the timberline and attack, plus the first lite guide pant. The attack is my favorite of all 3.

Kuiu in the forest. I don’t know what I look like in my Sitka camo, but I could hardly see my 2 sons when they were looking for turkeys...

C7A5B028-4696-4737-851B-92FBE98047A1.jpeg

I haven't been able to get my hands on a pair of attac pants in tall size (if they make them?) But sitka always has them readily available in tall so sitka it is.
Currently waiting for a deal on kiui yukon rain gear to pop up.

I have Kuiu Attack pants and they have several seasons on them. Blood washes out and they look brand new. I have worn them from archery up till 2nd rifle. This year used them in CO 1st rifle and didn't wear any base layer under them. They are very comfortable, dry fast, and quiet. I don't by gear and recommend because of fads or celebrity indorsments. I found Kuiu years ago by word of mouth from a friend that hunts all over and spends many days in Alaska every year.. If it doesn't hold up or doesn't meet the standards I get rid of it and tell people my opinion.

Timberline pants are a little warm for me for a lot of the season, and they don't seem to be holding up super well for me. I think I actually like the Sitka Ascent pants a little better for a lot of the season.

I think I like the Kuiu because you can get stuff that looks like Desert Storm Camo.

The timberline is for colder weather. It’s heavier and doesn’t have hip zips. i think Mountain is the same thing except without the knee and ass reinforcement.

Kuiu attack is lighter and more versatile.

They are both probably about as durable as it gets. At least it better be considering the fortune you spend on it. I refuse to purchase out of principle. The Stone Glacier pants are very comparable to the Sitka and Kuiu Pants, dare I say they might just be better.

I am a big believer in Kuiu, and its al I wear but I don't think the Attack are their best pants. I have a few pairs and I like them for a casual dress pants ( black, Grey) but for hunting I think some of the others are better. Currently Talus may be the best all around. Unfortunately they no longer make the greatest pants of all time, the Alpine and Chinook. They had the best leg pocket zippers,

I haven't been able to get my hands on a pair of attac pants in tall size (if they make them?) But sitka always has them readily available in tall so sitka it is.
Currently waiting for a deal on kiui yukon rain gear to pop up.
Elk,

I was told by the Kuiu rep when I bought my guide pants that Kuiu only makes one length in their pants. Short people can have them altered but tall guys are screwed. That is one of the reasons I don't have more Kuiu, Sitka has waist and length to choose from.

Elk,

I was told by the Kuiu rep when I bought my guide pants that Kuiu only makes one length in their pants. Short people can have them altered but tall guys are screwed. That is one of the reasons I don't have more Kuiu, Sitka has waist and length to choose from.

Attack and Tiburon pants have a tall option, it was added more recently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back