PEAX Equipment

Tikka T3x safety

mummel

Can you only engage the safety while the rifle is loaded and in the firing position? If so how come? Seems like a better system to be able to engage the safety and still load/unload etc, all the time while the safety is permanently engaged???

It's a fairly common set up - some prefer as it locks the bolt down on safe which keeps the bolt from working up itself up out of battery in a scabbard or on backpack for those who keep one in the chamber. But as you note, some prefer to be able to work the action on safe. And then there are the 3 position safeties to address the issue. Lot's of ways to skin a cat.

Yeah but having to take off the safety to unload the rifle sucks. What if you drop it in the process from your treestand? This seems like a really poor design. I have no idea why Tikka would not include a 3 position safety......

Yeah but having to take off the safety to unload the rifle sucks. What if you drop it in the process from your treestand? This seems like a really poor design. I have no idea why Tikka would not include a 3 position safety......
A lot more 2 safety rifles than 3 safety so the majority disagrees. But of course some prefer 3 position and there are plenty of good options out there. I don't own any hunting rifles with blind magazines so I don't need to do a bunch of bolt cycling to unload.

I'm not a fan of a 3 position safety or a 2 position safety that locks the bolt down.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back