MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Thumb release

blackbeard

Looking at a spot hogg whipper snapper. Anybody got any advice on that model or something else? I'd say under $150. I used to use a Scott Itty bitty goose but lost it, pretty sure it's with the deer carcass from last season. Thanks in advance.

My first thumb release was the whipper snapper. I couldn’t get used to the slender profile (vs my fat fingers). I’ll make you a good deal on it if I can find it. Now I have a Stan that fits my hands much better.

Used market tends to be pretty good. I bought a Carter wide choice the other day for $175 that looks brand new

Friend of mine has a whipper snapper or similar spot Hogg. I liked shooting it the time I tried it out

I have the Carter Too Simple 3 Finger. I have bigger hands and it fits mine well. The Spot Hog seems to be a similar design.

The 3 finger thumb releases are the sweet spot for me. Good luck! After switching to thumb I’ll never go back. However, no one warned me how foreign it feels at first. I felt like I was doing everything wrong. After 20 years of strap and triggers it was a bit of a jump. Worth it though. Give yourself a month to get used to it.

My first thumb release was the whipper snapper. I couldn’t get used to the slender profile (vs my fat fingers). I’ll make you a good deal on it if I can find it. Now I have a Stan that fits my hands much better.
Sounds good to me

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back