MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Throwing in the towel in Oregon...

jeffpg

Hey Guys,

I'm no quitter, but I think it's time to stop GIVING Oregon my hard earned money. It has truly become not worth it to apply there for me.

I normally submit around 60 applications a year for everything/everywhere and love the points building/tag drawing game as much as anyone. But I also like to go hunting in a quality area and the math doesn't look good for me as a non-resident with 9 points for all species.

I don't mind long odds for good hunts. I have played that game for years and had my share of success. I have been just stubborn enough to continue in Oregon in the hopes that with all the guys dropping out, my odds would increase to an acceptable level. It ain't workin'.

I'd like to cash in on a half way decent tag or two before turning my back and walkin' away, but I don't even think there's much of an opportunity for that at this point.

Can anyone correct me on this? Some positive insight would be most welcome by me.

Jeff

i know your odds are lower as a non resident,but with 9 points there are several good hunts for you to pick from,there is a book called percentage tags that covers all of your oregon options,also hunters trailhead.com has good draw info,9 points wont get you a tip top hunt but it should be a good hunt.

Back