Yeti GOBOX Collection

Three year chase for a droptine buck!

Congrats and thanks for sharing . I noticed even before the shot that his injured hind leg made noticeable scuff marks in the leaf duff as he walked. that would be to pretty exciting to see his trademark trails and know it is sign from the no. 1 buck you are after!

Congrats and thanks for sharing . I noticed even before the shot that his injured hind leg made noticeable scuff marks in the leaf duff as he walked. that would be to pretty exciting to see his trademark trails and know it is sign from the no. 1 buck you are after!
Astute point. I realized it right after I shot him. funny I knew he would likely have a limp, but never noticed his distinct trail.

I'm disappointed you didn't add to the video about what you found out after. Was he the buck you hit in the liver?

I
'm disappointed you didn't add to the video about what you found out after. Was he the buck you hit in the liver?
I mentioned it at the very end. Looking inside the cavity I didn't notice any scaring so perhaps not.

@7Bartman Thanks for sharing that with us. I enjoyed watching and congratulations on getting him.

I had a deer a couple years ago that we were seeing on multiple cameras. He was a nice deer but we called him corkscrew because on his drivers side, he had a drop as well as what looked like a corkscrew going out the main beam. Ended up killing him in late November as he was chasing a doe. Very similar gait to how your deer was walking. After inspection, he had been hit on his right side front leg.FD81E974-5F30-4F13-BDA1-A2AD5D3B8768.jpegBFB01D18-03C8-4BF5-BE79-314EC18FD5C8.jpeg

This is Ol Janky Leg. He had a broken back leg at 1.5 years old. Not sure how it happened. This is him at 5.5 years old and not long before he was killed. I saw him around twenty times over the years. Always hoped he turn into a massive non-typical, but it was not to be.

Attachments

• 4CB47571-6C80-4C9E-AE9C-1ED586555F3A.png
    4CB47571-6C80-4C9E-AE9C-1ED586555F3A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back