Three cat day!

KW

We had about a 1 inch snow last night, and I got out early to take advantage of it. I looked at 12 tracks, turned out on 5 and caught 3 The BIG one was 38lb! That is a real good cat here and a little hard on dogs when caught. I run Trigg-Walker cross dogs and have pretty good luck with them here for these conditions. A top bobcat dog is a rare thing anywhere. Just wondered what kind of dogs others like??? KW

I run walkers myself, thought about maybe tryin trigg-walker cross on a few bears....talked to several people, either they tree or they don't purty much with them from what I have gathered, kind of a hit and miss situation, with huntin trigg, trigg crosses

KW-Dont know if you have been welcomed yet but Welcome to moosies forum! Looking forward to hearing about your hunts.bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Welcome to Moosie's KW!! Sounds like you had a great day. I don't run cats so I couldn't tell ya anything about the dogs that run them. I once talked to a man that ran a trigg after bear. He said he was real good on the track. Just wouldn't tree hard.

Great day KW I had a three cat day one's so long ago I almost forgot.We had a trig hound we ran on bear and bobcats and he did a great job.Treed real good too.I run Walkers and blueticks now and the best cat hound I ever had was a bluetick.Tern him loose on a cat track and just follow him some days you didn't even need a gun.10" or more snow and he was catching and killing them.If you need to test them hounds send them up for a year or two and I will tell you how they doing LOL

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Tobey, sounds like your cats like to run, ours do. We tree some and catch some on the ground. They get in cattail patches and run for hrs also in big patches of 5 to 6ft tall grass, very hard to run them out of. Talk about something that will take the hair off a dogs face that grass is tough!We love snow but rarely get it, so mostly hunt without it. My Triggs tree pretty good, not real cold nosed , but real fast on a good track. Hard to get it all in one dog! Thanks all for the replys KW

Back