Three amigos

antlerradar

The discussion of nutrition on the what has hunting become thread reminded me of these bucks. I found all the antlers back in the mid 90's on public land a long way form any alfalfa fields. I saw all three and another old but smaller three point together in a bachelor group. They were all getting the same nutrition. Gives a guy a perspective on the importance of genetics.

The single set has fantastic genetics. The shortest fork is over 13 inches and this set goes around 205 gross. The next year he was 15 inches better. One of the best bucks I have ever seen. Still kicking myself on that one.

The middle buck has above average genetics. He died of old age. At his best he was about 180 to 185 gross.

The last buck has below average genetics and live to be very old. Not sure if someone got him or he died of old age. Never had antlers better than 145 gross.

The old three point was never better than 120. I found a few of his antlers but didn't keep them.

Attachments

• 100_0128.jpg
    100_0128.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 449
Are you sure the buck on the left and the center buck are not the same? Those closest sets sure look like they are off the same deer from this angle. Even similar shaped eye guards??

Yes I am sure it is not the same buck. Got to look at all three bucks in the same group on the hoof.

Antlerradar

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back