Thoughts on Plythal?

No experience but they look promising. You could try youtubing any sort of review!

I have some. Most of my camo is cheap stuff from basspro or midwayusa brand. My experience with high end camo is minimal so take it with a grain of salt.

Plythal is based in my home state, Arkansas, so I hope they do well.

I have the pre-rut pants and jacket and the prima lite hoodie. The materials appear to be high quality. The camo pattern is similar to Sitka timber or SKRE summit. In fact, I will probably mix and match with those patterns. Outer fabric on the pre-rut stuff is very quiet and feels a little like felt. Some of the most comfortable clothing I own and fit is excellent (5'9" 163 lbs wearing M). Manuverability is good. Hoodie is warm and lightweight but not super compressible. I've worn this system on 2nd rifle CO hunt with some snow and temps 10-55 degrees and it worked very well. For 1st rifle CO temps 15-65 degrees the pants were too warm and I ended up wearing my Walmart wrangler pants most of the time and throwing on UA rain pants when windy. The pre-rut stuff also works well for treestand hunting 25-60 degrees. I would think the Full rut stuff would be better for very very cold weather or stationary hunting in cold weather, probably too hot to do a lot of hiking.

Cons: pockets have a sealed zipper thats a little uncomfortable and hard to get into but probably makes it a little more water resistant. Some folks want an adjustable sleeve cuff but that doesnt bother me. A few features I'd like to have would be a hood on the pre-rut jacket and thigh vents on the pants.

I ended up buying SKRE hardscrabble pants and jacket to complement my plythal stuff. The SKRE stuff seems a little lighter but tighter fitting. Like I said I will mix and match these pieces.

Overall, IF paying full price I'd probably buy the Sitka jetstream and Timberline before plythal to get the best quality and features for the money. But the plythal stuff can be found heavily discounted and a lot of bang for the buck.

Or better option might be scrapeline pants and jacket for hiking and carry down pants/jacket and rain shell/pants and wear over top for sitting/glassing. Skip softshell stuff altogether.

I have some. Most of my camo is cheap stuff from basspro or midwayusa brand. My experience with high end camo is minimal so take it with a grain of salt.

Plythal is based in my home state, Arkansas, so I hope they do well.

I have the pre-rut pants and jacket and the prima lite hoodie. The materials appear to be high quality. The camo pattern is similar to Sitka timber or SKRE summit. In fact, I will probably mix and match with those patterns. Outer fabric on the pre-rut stuff is very quiet and feels a little like felt. Some of the most comfortable clothing I own and fit is excellent (5'9" 163 lbs wearing M). Manuverability is good. Hoodie is warm and lightweight but not super compressible. I've worn this system on 2nd rifle CO hunt with some snow and temps 10-55 degrees and it worked very well. For 1st rifle CO temps 15-65 degrees the pants were too warm and I ended up wearing my Walmart wrangler pants most of the time and throwing on UA rain pants when windy. The pre-rut stuff also works well for treestand hunting 25-60 degrees. I would think the Full rut stuff would be better for very very cold weather or stationary hunting in cold weather, probably too hot to do a lot of hiking.

Cons: pockets have a sealed zipper thats a little uncomfortable and hard to get into but probably makes it a little more water resistant. Some folks want an adjustable sleeve cuff but that doesnt bother me. A few features I'd like to have would be a hood on the pre-rut jacket and thigh vents on the pants.

I ended up buying SKRE hardscrabble pants and jacket to complement my plythal stuff. The SKRE stuff seems a little lighter but tighter fitting. Like I said I will mix and match these pieces.

Overall, IF paying full price I'd probably buy the Sitka jetstream and Timberline before plythal to get the best quality and features for the money. But the plythal stuff can be found heavily discounted and a lot of bang for the buck.

Or better option might be scrapeline pants and jacket for hiking and carry down pants/jacket and rain shell/pants and wear over top for sitting/glassing. Skip softshell stuff altogether.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't end up pulling the trigger, but now I may when it comes back around on camo fire.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back