Thoughts on G5 M3 broadhead?

Bowmannate2000

Just curious if anyone here has experience with the G5 M3 broadhead? I've been using Rage heads, but want to move back to a more traditional style. I was planning to get the montecs, but my awesome wife bought me a pack of these for father's day. They look good, but I couldn't find any reviews of them on Hunt Talk. Lots of good reviews for the Montec. Wondering if the M3's fly as good as the Montecs, and if they are as durable. Thanks for any insights you may have on this.

Started shooting them last year. Switched from the montecs. I am above and beyond happy with them. Harvests have been good, but the arrow flight blew me away. I shoot FMJs with 100gr tip...503gr total arrow weight 73lbs draw weight.

I shot montecs last season and recently found John Stallone’s review indicating they are about the worst for accuracy among many broadheads tested. I’m happy to find out my hand torque wasnt the only problem. Am looking for something else this year.
i found his writeup to be useful. https://johnstallone.me/broadhead-test-and-review-2020/

Montecs that I used in the past were noisy that made a whistling sound. They were also tough to get really sharp. The closed design of the M3 should be much quieter and hopefully they will be sharper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back