Think I hit the mother lode

Lost my faher-in-law on December 28th. I was granted the privilege of providing a new home to 2 of the best rifles I've ever wanted to own.
One is a Winchester model 88 in 243. The other is a Springfield Gerand National Match.
What ever shell I do with classics like these?
That is not a serious question, no?

Nah. But I'm not sure what I'll do with the Springfield except admire it. The Winchester is gonna be my backpack rifle for blacktail I think.

Don't know how old. It has been 10 years since I have seen the rifles. The wife is in California and I'm in Florida. Won't know more then I do now until we can go there together in about 3 months.

Sorry for the loss. The great news is that he'll be with you every time you drag that ol' 88 out to the deer woods. 243 will be perfect for those Greyhound-sized deer you have in FLA.

my dad has an 88 in 308 > If you could buy a new manufactured one today they would cost greater than $2000.

The M1 is 30-06.
Yes the 88 would work well for Florida whitetail but I'm moving to Oregon in the next couple of months. The 88 will be my back pack blacktail rifle.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back