Theron Saker vs ?

M

MN Public Hunter

I'm planning on heading out west this year and I'm thinking I might like a spotting scope. I know...I know...you all say just get a set of 10x42 binos and you're set, but this is about spotting scope comparisons.

I have spent weeks trying to find comparisons on spotters and man it's all over the place. HD vs ED vs "regular" glass. Very hard to find real comparisons in articles or video.

Kona, Swaro, Theron, Vortex, Leupold, Celestron, Nikon....

My questions is.....

Have any of you actually compared the Saker to any of the other scopes above and was it on par with it out to 1 mile? Keep this apples to apples as well, no Swaro with HD to a Saker that is ED unless you feel the ED glass in the Saker is just as good as some HD's :)

If so, which scope did you compare too and of course was the way cheaper Saker as good?

Thanks!

PM MtMiller. He got a chance to compare it to his Zeiss 65mm spotter a few years back.

After much thought and advice I ordered the Vanguard Endeavor HD 65S. I have read a few reviews where they put it up there with some of the high end Vortex and Zeiss spotters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back