Theron optics

BirdDogWebb

I will give a thumbs up on the Theron Binoculars. With grouse season closed as of the 28 of February , I finally got out in the woods with the binoculars to do a little pre-season scouting for turkeys. I'm very pleased with the binoculars. Even though I won these through the Hunt Talk forum, thanks to schmalts (forum member), I would have been just as satisfied If I had made the purchase.

I live on a very tight budget which in turn, allows me to enjoy my hunting hobbies and outdoor activities. I would highly recommend Theron Optics to anyone. If you are on a budget like myself and in the market for a great pair of binoculars at a reasonable price I think you will be satisfied with Theron.
You can find them at http://www.predatoroptics.com/Home.html or contact schmalts here on the forum.
When I make the purchase of a spoting scope it will be a Theron also.

THANKS AGAIN ! Schmalts , for your supportive donation.

I checked out a pair of the binos. They are every bit as good as everyone says. Compared to the other brands ib my price range they are the clearest brightest best I have seen.

Bought a pair of Theron 10x42 Wapiti EDs and received them last week. The feel and quality is very good!

The family and I went to the in-laws in Oklahoma for the weekend. Wife wanted check out the damage from the Tornado that went through the lake up there last week. We couldn't get into the damaged area so we were forced to drive around to another finger and look into the area that was damaged. Happened to have my new Binos and was quite impressed! Bright, crisp, clear(edge to edge) and could easily make out the Plate numbers of a crushed car from about a 1/4 mile away.

I looked at a few different binoculars in my price range this weekend.

Vortex Viper HD Binoculars 10x42

Leupold® BX-3 Mojave™ Series Binoculars 10x42

Nikon Monarch X Binoculars 10x42

The Nikons I didn't luck much, you could really tell they were a lot darker then the others when looking through them. Both the Vortex and Leupold had very good optics. FOV is a little more on the Leupold. They were close enough that it would come down to quality of brand i think when choosing between them.

Which brings me to the Theron binoculars. Obviously a little cheaper then either of these I pointed out, but without looking through them to compare, I'd be hesitant to just buy them. Would you say they are comprable to the amount of light that either the Vortex or Leupold allow in?

They guy at Cabelas didn't know what I was talking about when I give him their name seeing if they had the brand there, does anyone know if Sportsmans carries them. Or this exclusively online? Your right, I should go straight to the source, but thought I'd ask here since I was already posting.

Theron is a little bit of a leap of faith as they are only available online. PM Schmalts and he'll educate you. He's a straight shooter and will tell you exactly how they will match up. For me it was against Zen Ray ED2s.

I have looked thru Vipers and Monarchs and like the Theron better. The field of view is a tad smaller but crisp edge-edge. For the budget I had, I think I got the best possible pair.

Google your choices X vs Y and you will likely find some reviews and comparisons

http://www.opticstalk.com/vortex-viper-vs-theron-apo_topic27981.html

I looked at a few different binoculars in my price range this weekend.

Vortex Viper HD Binoculars 10x42

Leupold® BX-3 Mojave™ Series Binoculars 10x42

Nikon Monarch X Binoculars 10x42

The Nikons I didn't luck much, you could really tell they were a lot darker then the others when looking through them. Both the Vortex and Leupold had very good optics. FOV is a little more on the Leupold. They were close enough that it would come down to quality of brand i think when choosing between them.

Which brings me to the Theron binoculars. Obviously a little cheaper then either of these I pointed out, but without looking through them to compare, I'd be hesitant to just buy them. Would you say they are comprable to the amount of light that either the Vortex or Leupold allow in?

They guy at Cabelas didn't know what I was talking about when I give him their name seeing if they had the brand there, does anyone know if Sportsmans carries them. Or this exclusively online? Your right, I should go straight to the source, but thought I'd ask here since I was already posting.

One thing to mention, The Theron brand will come with 10 day money back return on the bino if you think you could have found a better quality item in that price range.

I took the leap of faith and decided to pick up the bino's and the 60mm spotter, and I can say that you will not be disappointed especially for the price. They are absolutely fantastic imo. Even a few of my optic snob buddies that have a much larger budget than I said they were pretty good quality. No not as good as their swaro's but every bit as good as vortex.

If your going back and forth on these and another brand just because of not being able to hold them I completly understand as I did that for about a year before I finally pulled the trigger on these and I now regret waiting so long.

I had never heard of the brand till I became a member here after reading on them on here I'm thinking of trying a spotting scope when they come available

Back