The waiting game for Idaho...

This is my first year applying in Idaho for a controlled hunt when are results usually posted?

I wanna say usually the last Friday in June, but not sure. We've been all over the board the last handful of years.

Everyone in for hail maries or middle of the road stuff?

I just put in for a Hail Mary late deer tag. My schedule is pretty filled up already. Didn’t put in for controlled elk because I wanted to be able to hunt with my cousin.

Everyone in for hail maries or middle of the road stuff?
I put in for a middle of the road tag, NR odds around 9%, but bought an A tag in the same zone to go regardless. Can't decide which I would rather do (rifle or archery), so letting fate decide it for me.
Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
hail mary for me on both sides. I would rather hunt with my buddies during elk unless its a once in a lifetime type unit. figured id shoot for the moon.

I went for hail maries on all of them for me. 5% or less. Fish and game promises to have results released by July 10th each year, but generally come out the last week of June

I didn’t draw my OIL tag so out my wife in for a Hail Mary deer and elk tag. Hoping we played the draw swings right this year.

Looks like all NR Elk tags are sold out.
Wow, you’re right, as of today. I think I read last year they didn’t sell out until September-ish.
I am really glad now that I went ahead and bought my A tag as a backup to my expected draw disappointment instead of doing it the other way.

Can anybody tell me where I can find information about Idaho's second drawing for moose, goat, and sheep? Is there a list of which hunts are still available? Thanks.

Man that blows. I looked this am and there were at least 2000 tags left but no capped unit tags left.

I figured all the NR tags would be gone quickly this year. With the proposed cost increase next year, everyone who wanted to come to Idaho with a budget, jumped on it this year. I probably wont be able to pick up the second deer tag, im sure they'll be picked up by August

Back