The sons first hunt, some action

schmalts

But no deer. After reading about greenhorns kids adventure i decided to take my 3yr old out. It was pretty mild for the muzz season (30's) so i set up my pop up blind near a good trail, put a Mr heater in it and a couple of chairs. We saw a few squirrels that gave him some excitement. Then a nice doe and fawn came in. I asked if i should shoot it and he said yes. well he started to cough and the doe stopped mid step at 30 yards staring right at our heads in the blind. I knew it was now or never so i slowely slid the muzz out the window of the blind, clicked off the safety and just as i was lining up the sights she bolted. SO CLOSE!! oh well, he had fun and maybe next year he will get some tracking lessons. I think next year i will take him squirrel hunting in a little warmer weather. It was fun to take him and although he got a little bored after an hour he did better than i thought. Keeping him quiet was easy but keeping him still was a losing battle.

way to go--both my boys went when they were 3 yrs old and get super excited each time we go--don't get to go that often though--chris

For 3 yo....ya done good to at least keep him quiet. :D Great that he got to see sumpthin....makes a big difference when their that young.Congrats Smalts...on what I would call a very successful hunt.

I guess you need to get some of the "Cough Silencers". ;) Every hunter should have at least 2 or 3 of them. :rolleyes:

Glad you got your son out in the field. I get me 5 year old out a lot, hell he even retrieves ducks for me. ;) :D

Miller i think your 5 yr old will hunt with anyone, rumor has it he left your ugly ass for a week and you put out an APB to get him back, :D LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back