The search for the perfect bipod

Hammsolo

The Dream... I want a stone solid bipod that I can shoot off a bench, prone and sitting. Shoot, why not standing...? (kidding). I have a Caldwell that actually is pretty close. It’s the only one I’ve found. However. It can be noisy and isn’t super steady. Do any of you know of any?

I'm using an imitation Atlas.
I installed a Caldwell adjustable picitinny rail to the stock. Lets me angle it to match the centerline of the bore, instead of the contour of the stock. I carry the bipod in my backpack.
When in position, quick attach the bipod.
All the feet & leg extenders for an Atlas pop right on & off.

For sitting i use my folding stool with pack on it, and sit on the ground. Makes a nice portable bench.

Wow, that thing is badass. However, that thing is pricey. Hopefully you get what you pay for.
It is very badass and so versatile, but the price tag is hard to swallow. I still have not bought one, but it is on my wishlist. I have used one to shoot with and I can attest to their quality and the ability to adjust to any shooting situation. It is built by three brothers who live here in the same small Southeast Idaho town that I live in, I went to high school with the youngest brother. One brother is a machinist and the other two brothers are diehard, hard-core western big game hunters, and this bipod was born out of their desire to have the best, most versatile, lightweight bipod that was going to help them be successful. They build them all themselves right here locally and the quality is second to none, you truly get what you pay for.

It is very badass and so versatile, but the price tag is hard to swallow. I still have not bought one, but it is on my wishlist. I have used one to shoot with and I can attest to their quality and the ability to adjust to any shooting situation. It is built by three brothers who live here in the same small Southeast Idaho town that I live in, I went to high school with the youngest brother. One brother is a machinist and the other two brothers are diehard, hard-core western big game hunters, and this bipod was born out of their desire to have the best, most versatile, lightweight bipod that was going to help them be successful. They build them all themselves right here locally and the quality is second to none, you truly get what you pay for.
Maybe next Xmas... come on Santa!!!

The thunderbeast is my favorite in the near 1# class. Javelin if very weight conscious. Neither are cheap.

I'm a big fan of the atlas bipods. They are primarily for prone shooting, as you would expect from most bipods, but that's not a problem since I have solutions for other shooting positions.

I have the Caldwell.

I find I carry it more than I use it. It almost always ends up in my backpack before midday.

I still feel more comfortable getting prone over my backpack if I have the time.

In the market for bipods, did you end up buying the Hatch out west ? is it worth the investment

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back