Caribou Gear Tarp

The Long Walk by Slawomir Rawicz

JT88

This is one of the best books I've ever read. Extreme survival story, not overly drawn out but enough detail to make it incredibly interesting and very hard to put down. I highly recommend reading it

Yeah but what did you think about the yeti? Put the whole thing in doubt to me.
I honestly thought it was the most credible story of an unknown animal in the Himalayas that I've heard of. I don't think he'd have wanted to talk about it very bad unless it was true knowing it might put the whole story in jeopardy and I figured he had very little incentive to lie about anything after everything he went through. Who knows, hard to say. Endangered or now extinct breed of snowy high mountain gorilla? ;):ROFLMAO:

Very amazing book. Unfortunately, the movie is lame.

As for the yeti, the way it was presented makes it almost believable. Had he made it a real issue, or more central to the story, I might wonder. Since it was absolutely a very small side note, it makes me wonder if it was valuable on any reason. If you read the preface, you would see that the auther stumbled upon this story by accident, while investigating the Yeti story. I really think that this truth is the only reason it was even included in the book. It adds nothing to an otherwise incredible story.

Just finished the book. Agree about the “abominable snowman”. The way he just mentions it so nonchalantly gives it a certain air of credibility. But given what they’d gone through at that point, their minds could have easily been playing tricks on them too.

Great book and great story. Yet another survival story that’ll make me feel like a real pansy the next time I feel like I’m going to puke hiking 3 hrs. up a moderate grade. Yeah, do that for a year and a half. 20-30 miles a day, every day. In the snow, then the desert, then the snow again. With little to no clothes, homemade shoes and no food for days. Yeah, I’m a wimp!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back