the legend of ol one eye

AZHUNTERR

LEGEND OF OL' ONE EYE
Ol' One Eye is a big ol yella belly flathead. I'd say he's a might near 80 pounds by now. Cain't say I ever seen one bigger. That ol' Cat's only got one eye an meaner en a snake cus he probably lost that eye from being hooked. One things fer sure, he's a right smart ol' Cat and nobody's ever landed him.
Well, me an Billy went looking fer Ol' One Eye. We fished pert near all night with my Big Stinky Catfish Bait an got some nice ones. We were bout ready to go when Billy's bank pole bent all doubled up. Billy ran fer his pole and started hollerin' like he'd stubbed his toe.

'Bout the time Billy grabbed the pole, Ol' One Eye took off and jerked Billy right in the water! Ol' One Eye was mean but Billy was meaner an wouldn't let go of that bank pole.

I ran to help but all I could see was Billy's feet stickin' up out of the water, so I jumped in, grabbed Billy's feet an started pullin'. Just when I was gettin' somewhere, his shoes came off but Billy wasn't lettin' go.

It looked like Ol' One Eye was makin' off with Billy cus the water was gettin' deeper. That's when I grabbed Billy's pants an started pullin'. When his pants got down around his knees, that's when Billy let go of that bank pole.

Now Billy was all mad an' stompin' around n blamin' me, sayin' that he'd lost that fish cus I pulled his pants down. But I'm the one that oughta be mad, cus Billy was fishin' with my bank pole!

I know yer thinkin' that's a whopper, but that's as close to the truth as I'm gonna tell it!

I will be right back. I need to go get my boots on.
biggrin.gif

Back