Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Goat's (mini) Blog #1

ChavytheGoat

While visiting what I call home during a pandemic and riots across America, I find myself on a mountain in the middle of the Greenhorns with one thing on my mind. How the hell did I forget my boots?! My high school best friend and I took a little pig hunt/hike in a little piece of public land he knows. Him, being the champion of road hunters, surprises me when he pulls the truck over and says, "Let's hike." I am pleasantly surprised until I realize, my hiking boots are at the house and I am stuck in Twisted X steel toe western work boots. After a bit of mockery I give in for what I know will be a miserable, several hour hike with aching feet. All in all it turned out to be a very enjoyable day including running into one of the biggest black bears I have ever seen and watching him from within 25 yards, nearly getting attacked by a hen turkey after accidentally getting too close to her chicks and just enjoying the mountains with a best bud. The lesson learned here, never turn down a day in the field with a friend and NEVER NEGLECT GOOD FOOTWEAR. oh, and bug spray

Attachments

• IMG_0099[1].JPG
    IMG_0099[1].JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 6
Back