The Cutie scores in the foggy morning! Schmalts too...

schmalts

Well this year she connected! We were moving in the thick fog for a gobbler in the roost and when i made another locating hoot one gobbled in a tree 30 yards away! they set up and i stayed 40 yards behind Elk style in case he hung up on us like the day before. First a hen came down on top of them and me and her echanged excited yelps while 5 toms in the area went nuts in the roost. Suddenly i heard him fly down and she rockets past the tree i am hiding behind and flies up in a tree. The tom tried to mount he right out of the tree! I peer around the tree to see what i thought was a stump but when it started moving in the fog i knew it was the tom. I looked and saw that she should be within 20 yards! then i saw a gun barrel slowely appear from behind the tree LOL! BOOM! game over. She clobbered the thing with over 14 pellets in the head. 22 lbs, 10 inch beard.. Here dad could have shot it in the tree and said it was fanned out up there but she didnt have a shot from her tree spot.
Kristin%2005.jpg

Kristin with proud Dad Tim
timkrist.jpg

2 days before that i got mine. I called in 4 jakes and passed on them since i had left the blind, and my bow and video setup there. I didnt want to gun a jake the first day. Later that afternoon i went to dig a hole to transplant an apple tree and decided i better take the gun laong just in case. I got to the spot i was to dig and let out some yelps to an answer! 2 toms came in. I laid down prone to hide my blue jeans LOL. 20 lbs, 9 inch beard. Heres me up on the spot i want to put a cabin some day. What a view!
the next day i called for my buddy and got one to fly across the river for him to miss. He took a 2" tree and killed that with the shot.
05%20tom%20.jpg

Nice bird you ugly bastage, although I was looking forward to more video this year.

mtmiller said:
Nice bird you ugly bastage, although I was looking forward to more video this year.
Miller, i have one more tag in a month. I will try for video then or nothing at all. Its going to be on video or it WALKS!
Hey, i got pictures at least right??

Schmalts.... She sure IS a cutie...!!! Girls THAT pretty shouldn't be allowed in the woods... Obviously, she takes after her MOM... :p ....

I want to give a big congrats to both you and your daughter...FINE bird, good job by the shooter AND the "guide" and a great story and pictures... :) ....

Hell, that ain't Schmucks daughter, she is good looking for gosh sakes. :rolleyes:

I believe she is the daughter of a friend of his (probably his only one). :D

pygmy said:
Girls THAT pretty shouldn't be allowed in the woods...

Pardon me?!?

She is gorgeous, and the bird ain't half bad either. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go after them too this year.

Mojave... I meant nothing negative by that.... Just a figure of speech... I forget sometimes that I'm relatively new on this forum and y'all don't all know me and my sense of humor...

I may be a dirty old man, but I sure ain't SEXIST... I got a couple of good hunting buddies that are PURTY GIRLS... :D ... They have a PILE of dead turkeys to thier credit, too... One of them is a veterinarian by trade, and she's killed a bunch of gobblers, including a world slam, which includes all four North American subspecies plus the Gould's and the oscellated from Mexico...

Good luck in your gobbler hunt, which is approaching soon, I assume..??...

PYgmy, You should have seen the picture last year of her with her deer. She is a beautiful young lady, but then we have several of those on this board. What's really great is that they are very intelligent and extremely nice.. Well most of them. Orca Lover and her sis get kind of upity once in a while but their Dad just takes them in hand and ... gives them anything they want, like a good father.

Schmalts, it goes without saying the the pics of your daughter and the birds are great, but I would sure like to trade you something for that cabin site.. Interested?

:cool:

Guys, Miller is right ,that isnt my Daughter. That is my buddies daughter. She is 20 years old and this is the second year i took her out hunting

I've never known a wife to make "jokes" about another woman.. Especially in jest. There is always the double entendre..

Be Careful.. but she is a doll... Just think one of these days Dad will have to walk her down the isle and let some other guy take her home.. it is always a double edeged sword. You're glad as hell to get rid of them, but at the same time, you miss Daddy's little girl... Speaking of which, I just saw my daughter today for the first time in about 7 weeks. I missed the days when I was teaching her to drive.. WHat the hell am I saying.. NEVERMIND>>>

:cool:

Congrats to all around...nothin like calling in a brid for a first timer..hottie or not ;) Glad to see you sharing the outdoors with the next generation Shmaltz- thats what its all about IMHO!

Pygmy don't let Mo get ya that easy brother, she can match up poking the chit with the best of us on this board haha! Take him down Mojave :D

danr55... Yeah..I know all about daughters.... I'll walk down the aisle to give MY little girl away in July of this year... :rolleyes: ....

Marv.... Mojave and I are just getting to KNOW each other...

;) ....

You KNOW I likes the LADIES, indeed I DO, and my comment regarding Kristen was simply a tribute to her beauty...

Congrats to all of you that got a bird! And that girl's dad better buy a couple of guns to keep them boys away. Well Kevin and I are birdless. I traveled to Wa and had a shot at a tom that liked to duck lead !!! Kevins dad got a bird on opening morning but that was all that would come in. The hens were running the show this past weekend. Well I will have to wait till July for cougar here in Az. Good luck to all of you turkey chasers !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back