PEAX Equipment

Thanks for the memories

Akcabin

Hello all, just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who use this place. While reading through threads n rembering back to the days when I found myself in similar spots.
And we all have different thoughts. But hey that's our strength, I don't have all the answers. But mostly for me it's reading the stories of folks getting out. Weather hunting fishing trapping hiking scouting. I've been blessed to be able to hunt fish n explore some great areas. Met lots of great outdoors folks.
Taking out folks for the first time. And sharing the success even when they didn't harvesting game but harvested great memories.
We all have that special place, at least I hope you do. For me it's at our cabin. And getting dropped off by myself with little to no ability to contact someone if you get hurt. Surrounded by wild Alaska
But as I wrote, having the ability to travel around a bit, hunt fish hike. And being able to go back n get those long lost memories as I read through the posts.
So thanks for the memories

As time goes by for me, those memories are special and I appreciate those experiences more and more. I totally with you on this.

I am now done hunting due to age related issues and yes memories are all I have left. I did have 64 very good years and did all of my bucket list except a stone sheep hunt. I took my first elk when I was 14.

Still able to get out and hunt so still planning on making more memories. But I do have a BUNCH in my brain to keep me happy. From my first rabbit with my BB gun, my first whitetail, being invited to an online friend's place where I killed my bear after meeting in person for the first time, to my trip to England as the hunting guest of a fellow Hunt Talker and taking my Roe buck with him. Fishing in Alaska! Watching the Time Bandit crab boat leave Homer while Halibut fishing in Katchemak Bay. Hopefully I will have lots more good memories in the future to add to my list. At this point ANY Alaskan critter would be the kicker to my life's accomplishments. Unfortunately, time is running out for that.

Over the years I kept track of each hunting event. Without those notes I find that the stories tend to merge and details blur. I don't take many pictures anymore but I have mental pictures of each event and all the details.

I guess those will last until they don't. Like most, I don't mind sharing but I find few that want to add their stories to a string. You know like how stories evolve around a campfire or used to.

How about a thread of stories about successful and unsuccessful hunts. We could title it 'Adventures'.

I’m still hunting a lot but finding myself making about as many great memories at camp with the other hunters as I am in the woods actually hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back