Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Texas Waterfowl

Nemont

Here are some pics of a friend of mine from Bozeman. The week before Christmas he went on a duck and goose hunt in Texas. Thought I would share some pics with you.
083436.jpg
083446.jpg

A Texas Pintail
083449.jpg

Nemont

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-29-2003 10:26: Message edited by: Nemont ]</font>

Nemont, As Always I enjoy your Pictures !!

Can you enlighten me on a Few things ?

1. How much did the Hunt cost, Tags, Fees, guides, Was the food included ? Stuff like that, Just wondering...

2. Did he get more then jsut one duck ?

3. How many Geese did they Kill and What kind ?

Moosie,

I got a place over on the River that I can take you for $175 per day, includes lunch. You are allowed to shoot 3 Canadians, 6 Mallards, and 10 coots.

Bring waders...
tongue.gif

Why don't I go for Free with you and Make you Cook me dinner to boot ?!?! Just like Yesterday ...
shhh.gif

Moosie,
He was invited by a client of his and it only cost him airfare. He shot a ton of birds. Snows, Specks and a couple of Canada geese. The picture of the one duck is the one he is getting mounted. He wanted a pintail for a while, I guess. Anyway he shot mallards, pintails, canvas backs and I think he said wood ducks. I will call and see if he picked up a price list of what it costs to hunt.
Nemont

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-30-2003 08:55: Message edited by: Nemont ]</font>

Nice pics NE Mont. I am jealous of the pintail. I would love to get a pin bull with a good tail. Apparently the MT winters don't agree with them.
biggrin.gif

Are you still swatting mallards over there?

Moosie,
Spoke to my buddy, He said that for four days of hunting, lodging, meals and drinks it costs $1,400 or $350 per day. Most hunts are four days long. Hope that helps

MTMiller,
The ducks are still here but due to snow it is difficult to get onto the river. So plan B is to hunt them in the feedlots. I was out Christmas day and Sunday set up in a couple of different feedlots. My brothers and I shot a limit of mallards on Sunday afternoon. The lake is still open but a few more days of this cold and snow and it will freeze over. I haven't seen geese so am thinking they left.
Nemont

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-30-2003 10:56: Message edited by: Nemont ]</font>

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back