Texas fires

BbarC

Seems like the states of Texas and Oklahoma are about to burn up.Getting a dose of what some of the western states get I guess. Had a big fire start about 200 yards from my house off a cigarette throw out on the highway. Luckily we live west of the highway and the wind was 30mph out of the west. Burned about 1000 acres and nearly got a neighbors house. There were 3 big fires all in 15-20 miles of us yesterday. When it's 80 degrees and the wind 30-35 mph , don't take it long to burn up lots of country.

How is it burning? What I mean is, is it a pretty hot, intense burn or is it kinda patchy and not real intense? The news media isn't one to really cover fire well.

I'd say intense Tone...fatalities, injuries, many homes, ag structures, and some livestock being destroyed.

The grass is so tall here and VERY dry , with 30-40mph wind this one covered a mile in about an hour. Very tall flames as it hit the tall oak brush. They got some bull dozers and motor graders ahead of it and made some cuts that finally stopped forward progress. Just west of us about 50 miles, theres one that had burned 40,000acres as of three oclock. More wind tomorrow so guess we may see some more. I'm lucky as I'm on west side of highway of a north south highway and prevailing winds here are south or southwest.

Ma nature can be amazing (course I imagine yours is being "helped" out by an idiot or tow) you guys are battling fires and we are over here battling flooding! It's rained about a foot here since Turkey day......

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back