Tent advice

pawhitetail

I'm looking for some advice on a tent. I have a 6x12 trailer I plan on using for sleeping quarters. I am looking to get a tent to setup a kitchen area and for just general use under roof. Would a guy have to have a wall tent for something like this or would a regular tent like a large ozark trail work? Looking for some ideas. Thanks guys

If you are wanting it strictly for a mess tent I would look at the 10x10 pop up canopy's with walls like CU93elkstalker had mentioned. Just make sure you get the one with the tarp like material for walls and not the nylon9. We use one for a mess tent ourselves and it works out really nice. Its big enough to put a couple of tables along one wall to sit cooking stuff on and put another smaller table to eat on if we choose against the other wall.
stay away from a regular tent with a floor. You do not want a floor in a mess tent. Unless its just a canvas tarp or something. Otherwise you have a stinky floor that is covered in food scraps or grease and attracts critters both big and small and will also be an issue when you try to store it.
Something like this is what we use. No floor and good ventilation for when your cooking. The front wall can be rolled up and kept open if the weather permits.

Attachments

• 610+UE7CZtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    610+UE7CZtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
I would also consider an ARB awning on the trailer with the side walls. You wouldn't want it with snow considering the flat roof, but otherwise would be a pretty good alternative.

Thinking about this myself. Don't really want to cook in the tent I'm sleeping in.

Back