Teen caught with 20 bombs outside school

There was an interview on GMA this morning with the mother & aunt of two kids who "allegedly" stabbed another kid 31 times. The "alleged" perpetrators are being tried as adults and the adults don't think they should be.

The adults that don't think they should be tried as ADULTS are the kids MOM & AUNT and some bleeding hearts. How old are the "alleged perpetrators"? I bet the victims parents want them tried as adults.

I think I saw something about that. The perps are 13 years old now, I think they were 12 when the crime was committed. I believe they could the youngest kids ever to be tried as adults.

Interesting case. Its tough to know where to draw the law should draw the line between childhood and adulthood for the purposes of criminal culpability.

When I was 12 I didn't know much, but I am sure I knew that I ought not to be stabbing folks 31 times.

That Nebraska brat needs to have one of those bombs tied to his nuts and turn him loose out in the wide open space and detonate!!

"They said that Magee, who comes from a hunting family and whose father is in the Navy Reserve, liked to talk about guns and bombs and saw the recent movie "Bowling for Columbine."

Who is the media blaming here? Hunters, the absent father, or Michael Moore for making the movie "Bowling for Columbine"

I blame his immediate family. How can you have a child with that kind of problems and not know he is building bombs?
"That, classmates said, followed a humiliating incident for Magee. A girl whom he was interested in had called authorities, telling them she wanted Magee to stop calling her."

How many times did he call this girl if she had to call the authorities, what about her parents? Why didn't they call his parents.
The ball was dropped by a lot of people, mainly PARENTS.

Whiskers,

I think blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the perpetrator. I don't like the idea of shifting blame to the parents, the media, teachers, availability of guns, etc. This perpetuates the epidemic problem of refusing to take personal responsibility for ones own actions.

Ultimately the buck stops with person who commits the crime. Some people are just evil. I don't see the need to start searching for a cause beyond the perpetrator himself.

Ultimatley the blame does fall on the shoulders of the perpetrator. But a teenager should have enough supervision that the he couldn't build bombs without someone knowing about it. Parenting definetly has an impact on childrens actions. I don't blame the Media, the teachers,(see my first post) or the avialability of guns. But I do put some blame on his parents. I have a lot of guns in my home, I have black powder, smokeless powder, all the reloading supplies. If one of my sons was making a bomb I would know about it. If one of my sons had the law come over to issue a restraining order because he was harrassing a female student. Their would be some professional help sought.
You cannot absolve parents from their childrens misdeeds when the children live with them. Its called RESPONSIBLE PARENTING. Once they are grown and on their own. It's all on the kid.

String the little basterds up and let them start to be lessons for the rest of the urchins of the U.S. to sit up and take note of!!!

Originally posted by jmehler:
Let's blame Michael Moore too. He's a first class jackass anyway.
Michael Moorer is funnier than Hell. His old TV series on Cable (Comedy Central) had a stunt where they set up a "Checkpoint" just outside a gated community (in a "rough" neighborhood). As all the BMW's and Mercedes would leave their gated community and guard shack, they would get stopped by the Moorer guys and be asked what they were intending to do in "their community".

It was funnier than hell to watch these people from the gated community try and get permission to drive into the ghetto.... :D

But, I don't think we should blame Michael Moorer for the bombs. Where were the parents, when they allowed the kid to watch "Bowling for Columbine".

BTW, as anybody but me seen "Bowling for Columbine"? Any thoughts?

obviously not very attentive parents ,ya think??? how the hell does a kid make bombs at home and the parents not notice?????. and forget about blaming tv,or music. this kind of problem comes from home life not outside influences. i did not get to see all of " bowling for columbine" just the last 15-20 min. of it. i want to see it all next time i get chance.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back