MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Taste Test - Peak Refuel Biscuits and Gravy

WBouldin

Wanted to try Peak freeze dried meals as I had heard good things. Figured if they taste good at home, they will taste great in the field.

DF18D93B-7003-4CD1-9A5D-77B32BDB8914.jpeg

Review: 4/5. Flavor is the best I’ve had of all freeze dried meals but the texture is a little off. Needless to say this will probably move to 4.5 in the field.

With both Peak and Mountain House, I have to add at least 1/2 cup of more water. I also add an additional 50% more time. Especially with Peak's pasta dinners.

Peak meals are IMO much better than MH. The MH muds are a real thing!🤣🤣

I’ve found that with peak I also usually add a little more water than it calls for. I usually do this in camp while I’m unpacking from my day. I’ll add some water to the meal and let it soak while doing chores or just relaxing for a bit. Then I’ll boil the required water and add it. I usually let it cook about 5 minutes longer than what the bag recommends.

I would recommend the following Peak meals. Beef stroganoff, chicken pesto, chicken Alfredo.

For breakfast if you are hunting with a buddy or 2 try this. Cook one breakfast skillet and one biscuits and gravy. Add a scoop or 2 of each to a tortilla and it’s an amazing breakfast burrito! Don’t forget some hot sauce packets.

Ahh Peak Refuel....sponsoring some of the biggest 🤡's on social media. Anything goes with them. I would rather eat tuna packets all day then waste even a penny supporting them.

Never tried that one. It violates my dehydrated food principle, which states that the backpack meal is ok if the made-at-home version is prepared by boiling water. Never seen someone bake biscuits in a pot of boiling water, so it’s out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back