Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Tailgate Pics

Will that winch work with a whole bison? I'm starting to think my only chance for a bison is to cruise the lower Madison or Spanish Creek road at night and pluck one standing alongside the road.
Get a salvage permit. Hopefully you got a giant grill guard on a new pickup. Talk to @OntarioHunter he will walk you through how he does it on Highway 2

This guy drove up on me when I was setup on this Tule Bull in 2010. He stopped and was just glassing the elk....Never saw me until I drew and shot the bull. He helped me break him down and load him in the truck. It's like 95 degrees in this picture.

Is that guy in the green the infamous hunt talk man? I can tell from here that he’s a winner. Plus he helped you with your bull!
Looks like the Hulkster to me.

Will that winch work with a whole bison? I'm starting to think my only chance for a bison is to cruise the lower Madison or Spanish Creek road at night and pluck one standing alongside the road.
When you want to do that, let me know, we can give it a try. Bring something other than beer to drink and we might get it done...

@shrapnel, I’m curious to know what % of the elk you’ve killed didn’t get hauled out whole in the back of a pickup? I feel like I’d be in hog heaven from here on out if I could load them whole in the back of pickup 😂. My back would sure appreciate it.

Get a salvage permit. Hopefully you got a giant grill guard on a new pickup. Talk to @OntarioHunter he will walk you through how he does it on Highway 2
May wanna slow down a little. Much bigger animal and I bet they don’t move as fast maybe set cruise at 45 instead of 65 might avoid the air bag

7000 grains per pound. Average pickup weighs 3k lbs, I think 45 mph will take down any North American animal with a well placed shot including a bison.

A guy should rent one of the uhauls with the ramp on it for this. Get the good insurance and not wreck your own ride. Be able to pull it up the loading ramp talk about winning

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back