Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tactacam Film Through Scope (FTS)

SPDSpappy

Anyone tried these? What are your thoughts? Thinking about getting one to attach to a .300 Win Mag rifle w/ VX-5HD 3-15x44, a .30-06 w/ VX-3i 3-9x50 w/ 30mm tube, and also get the Tactacam attachment for my crossbow.

I've got one. Just practice with it before you go hunting. I have to put mine at a weird angle to account for bolt movement.

Also you have to adjust your parallax to focus the camera, which may differ from your shooting distance. This is a screen grab of a fuzzy video but my scope was crystal clear.

1590069050905.png

I've got one. Just practice with it before you go hunting. I have to put mine at a weird angle to account for bolt movement.

Also you have to adjust your parallax to focus the camera, which may differ from your shooting distance. This is a screen grab of a fuzzy video but my scope was crystal clear.

Wow, that's crazy! I hadn't thought about the bolt movement issue... It definitely would get in the way. Thanks!

Overall, are you happy with it? Would you recommend it to other folks? Do you have any cool videos you've taken with it you can share?

I would recommend it. I like having video of my hunts.

I'm happy with it but it's not perfect. My advice is use it at the range and make it so you can view from your phone to get the focus correct. Then shoot a few and watch the video. Make sure you can operate the bolt without issue.

I need to practice with it some more. This is the last video I took.

I really want one for my 12 gauge! I want the reasons why I'm missing them SOBs 😎😎

After using it on my CO trip, I say stay away from them if hunting with a scope you can change the magnification on. I ended up missing a chance on an elk and the guide made me take it off as it was way too difficult to manipulate the magnification ring with the FTS on the scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back