Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

T bone, you going back to choppers???

schmalts

If so let me know, i may be traveling out there for work soon and want to sneak in a weekend pig hunt with the guy i am going out there from work with. We will be in Casa Robels for a week and can plan on having our return flight sunday instead of friday.

Schmalts,

Funny you should ask.....a few of us are going over April 3-5. Let me know if this works for you, there are 4 currently going, there is likely room for 2 more.

T Bone

Schmalts and T-bone, if you guys can work it out, it will work for me. I didn't even think of combining you guys on a group hunt. When I talked to Schmalts yesterday, I told him I was booked the 3rd - 5th. If T-bone & company want to go for it, I say the more the merrier. It will save Schmalts some money too since he only had a group of 2 to work with.
Chopper

I am trying to check into things here but it looks like april is a no go anyway. too bad. But if you decide to go back a 3rd time in may or june let me know!!
biggrin.gif

Do you mean you will be in Paso Robles? If not, where is Casa Robels? If you are in Paso, you won't be far from Keith Eskew. There is a military base not far from Paso that you can hunt - Hunter Liggett.

Schmalts, I'm about 45 minutes from Paso Robles. I'd be up to joining you for a hog hunt. I've hunted Fort Hunter Ligget a bit, mostly for quail. Never really seen too many hogs come outta there. But I've heard they do gettem there. We could try it if you want to, or maybe check into a guide on some private land. I dont do the archery thing so it would be rifle for me. Maybe Bigtusker could point us in a dierction for a semiguided hunt or something. Feel free to e-mail me...

Schmalts,
If I sign up for a 3rd hunt I'll let you know...It's unlikely though. If I harvest a pig on this next trip the freezer will be full! That wild hog meat is the tastiest wild game I've ever had. I even rate it above elk and moose. Hope you and Keith get out and bust a couple.

T Bone

Keith lets talk!! i will be coming out the 28th this month and have that weekend open. I also have the evenings open all week to do whatever, so i hope to find someplace to kill time, and pigs, but it sounds like any public land is not very good out there. Looking for all and any options at this time.
Can i get a tag and permits by mail ahead of time???

Schmalts, I must have misunderstood, I thought you would be here in May or June. I will be out of town March 28-30. Sorry. I e-mailed you some info.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-14-2003 12:51: Message edited by: KeithE ]</font>

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back